Thursday, October 10, 2013

Grade 4 :)

It is currently Thursday, August 22 at 4:04 pm. I arrive to Jeju Island on Sunday night and every minute of my life has been scheduled since. Today, we've had a nice break to enjoy ourselves for four hours, but we are getting picked up at 5:30 pm for a staff dinner. So much has happened that it feels as if I have been here for weeks, not 3.5 days! 

This is just a quick update and sharing of some pictures. Sorry for the poor quality, they were taking using my iTouch. And sorry for those who have already seen these pics, I have internet in my apt now so I should be able to update more frequently. 

Funny story: I went for a run Tuesday morning and an elderly Korean man stared at me as if he was wondering what I was doing, and then he enthusiastically shouted, "Good Morning!" He seemed very excited to use his English. I replied and then he continued to talk to me but I couldn't understand he, so I smiled and waved.


First moments in Seoul, South Korea


Ashely with all the bags!



First glimpses of school from inside. 


The lovely Ashley sporting her official school water bottle. 



Unbelievable playground!


Welcome Fountain


I love waking up in the morning to my glowing tapestry.



Korean keyboard.


I think of Matt every time I pass this, unfortunately it's just for coffee (total bummer!).


We ate out at an authentic Korean restaurant an luckily for us, one of the Dons is Korean (several actually) and Jen ordered for us. I was soo hungry that I didn't think to take a picture until the meal was finished. Four of us ate together and we each ordered a separate plate: sushi, dumplings, topokki (rice cakes) and noodles, and fried pork with gravy. The TOTAL bill came to $12.50!!! For four people! And we were all stuffed at the end of the meal. It was delicious.


The menu from the restaurant. Thank goodness for Jen!


As a faculty we went to a Korean Pop concert (K-Pop). It was super fun, but around 8:30 jet lag finally hit me and I fell asleep during the concert. The principal was actually impressed that I could sleep through all that noise! Luckily, I have been adjusting well to the time difference and sleeping through the nights.


Most Incredible Busters (MIB)
My favorite song was Girls, Dreams, Money
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ioUT9y8zU


Crying Nut, the top rock band in South Korea... with an accordion???




Such a little lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment