Sunday, February 9, 2014

Mui Ne: First Morning



We never would have ventured down this long alleyway had it been recommended to us by the couple we met on our first night... we are so glad that we found this gem in paradise. 


Sunset Restaurant Little Way
* Restaurant * Bar * Coffee *

Follow the little path to our romantic garden restaurant
Far away from the noise and stress of the road
Come and enjoy our delicious vietnamese and international cuisine


Scooters lining the entryway of the restaurant. 

 

Ashley has a rule that I am not allowed into her room on our days off before noon.
With the 2 hour time difference in Mui Ne, I woke up at 7:30 am and I needed to get out of our shared hotel room if I wanted to survive!

I walked next door to the recommended Sunset Restaurant Little Way to get a cup of coffee and wait there until Ashley joined me. 
Well... it's more of a long way than a little way, and I walked into the first building that I saw.

An old woman was praying in front of a shrine, she spoke no English.
She pointed and I guessed that I was supposed to stay where I was as she walked into the house.
A few moments later a man came out looking as if he had just woken up. 
He was the restaurant owner and I was his first customer of the day. 

I felt really bad waking him up for a $1 cup of coffee.


Vietnamese coffee is absolutely decadent!
Each cup is individually filtered and is made with condensed milk so it is so thick, rich, and creamy.
It almost tastes like a chocolate shake!



Being the first and only customer of the morning, the restaurant owner sat with me and we chatted the entire time until Sleeping Beauty arrived to join us.



 

When Ashley arrived we ordered a vegetable omelet and a pancake with fresh fruit.
All the fruit came from the restaurant garden, and the eggs were fresh from a chicken!
Everything was so fresh! Absolutely delicious!



Ouch! sunblock got in my eyes!

 

As the morning passed, the restaurant began to fill with local Vietnamese people and their children.
It is always a good sign when you are eating with the locals!



A group of Vietnamese men play Chinese Chess.


Meet Xuan (pronounced Song, meaning = Spring)

 Restaurant owner and head chef of Sunset Restaurant Little Way

We are so thankful to have met Xuan as he made Vietnam feel like home to us.
He is an extraordinary man, a self taught English speaker, restaurant owner, chef, family man, gardener, kite surfing instructor, Buddhist, yoga enthusiast, and friend.

He stayed with us during our entire meal and told us all about his country.
Xuan invited us back to his restaurant that night for an authentic, Vietnamese cooking class.


Lulu, Xuan's dog that never left his side 
(and would patiently wait outside the kitchen while Xuan was cooking).




No comments:

Post a Comment